WHO WE ARE
Maxwell was founded in 2015 by homebuyers who were shocked by the complexity of the mortgage process for borrowers and lending teams alike. Today, our digital mortgage platform powers hundreds of mortgage lending institutions nationwide, from non-depository mortgage banks, to credit unions, to brokers, to community banks. We work to make them, and all of their employees, the real heroes who enable homeowners to achieve the American Dream. And we’re just getting started.
WHY WE ARE HIRING FOR THIS ROLE
As Maxwell has scaled, the hundreds of lenders on our platform are asking more of us. Maxwell has become more to them than just a digital mortgage platform; we are an integral part of how they operate their business. In early 2020, we launched the Maxwell Fulfillment Platform as an extension to our point-of-sale. The Fulfillment Platform offers a dedicated, fully integrated back office team of processors, underwriters and closers who deliver a flexible, efficient, and high-quality loan fulfillment experience, powered by our proprietary technology. The Maxwell Fulfillment Platform is rapidly expanding and looking for a talented and experienced operations leader to build its culture, manage the operational results and invest in our team and our customer relationships.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
The ideal candidate will lead the daily operations of a national residential mortgage loan fulfillment provider, including all processing, underwriting and closing functions. The VP of Fulfillment Operations will function as the key leader for workflow management, new initiatives, process development, hiring, and training and culture building, including the leadership of a large team. In addition, the position will interact regularly with senior client stakeholders, establish and monitor SLAs, as well as work directly with the senior leadership team to drive the strategic direction of the business.
Some specific responsibilities include:
- Motivate our Mortgage Operations Directors and their teams of processors, underwriters and closers in a fast-paced, technology-driven environment, with an emphasis on culture and values
- Manage the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the fulfillment team to include the hiring process; mentoring, training, and developing employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; addressing concerns and resolving problems; and conducting performance appraisals along with your team of Mortgage Operations Directors
- Become the evangelist for mortgage fulfillment operations within Maxwell and the industry. Focus on exceeding each client’s expectations in every engagement with Maxwell.
- Implement business execution across the fulfillment team with the ability to quickly move from high level conversations into detailed operational discussions
- Define business metrics, drive to implementation and run operations with a data driven approach. Communicate results to the leadership team on a regular basis.
- Drive disruptive innovative solutions in a customer-centric environment where technology is the cornerstone of how Maxwell operates as a business
- Establish goals and objectives for the department in alignment with overall divisional goals
- Operate risk management controls to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations
- Demonstrate behaviors which are aligned with the organization’s desired culture and values
- Be willing to travel up to 10-15% of the time once COVID travel-freeze policies are rolled back
YOU CAN EASILY CHECK THESE BOXES
We are looking for leaders who take a leader-coach mentality for a team of professionals who wake up each morning to deliver their best for our customers and their borrowers. You are rigorous, curious, and eager to grow -- and for your team to do the same. You lead with kindness but you’re not shy to be straight-up in your interactions with others. We’re growing fast, so you’ll need to check off on these ideal requirements:
- 15+ years in operations within the financial services or mortgage industry, preferably in a technology context (SaaS is a plus here)
- Prior management of large teams (over 100 employees) with a clear track record of successful outcomes while maintaining a collaborative environment and the respect of your direct reports
- You have inspired your teams to strive for the best and go above expectations
- Believer in being data-driven and analytically minded, able to spot trends and draw conclusions
- Your ability to present, organize and collaborate at the most senior levels of an organization, both internally and externally, is one of your most impressive traits
- You have a wholistic approach and strong success with making business decisions, including identifying gaps or business needs, and innovating and scaling solutions
- Professional growth is core to our culture at Maxwell so your leadership style has a primary focus on investing in the people who work for you -- “servant leadership” is a concept that means something to you
- You are incredibly passionate about diversity, equity and inclusion principles and care for building a strong internal culture based on core values that actually mean something
- You may already have active MLO license(s) or you’re willing to roll up your sleeves to obtain them if need be
- COVID has changed how we work so if you have prior experience building and managing remote teams, we consider that a significant advantage
- Candidates who have consistently shown rigor throughout their education or professional career will get our attention
Not sure you meet all of our requirements? We’d still love to hear from you so please apply!
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
An opportunity to be part of an agile team of thinkers and doers who are driven, collaborative, and authentic. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. You play a key role in shaping our incredible company and culture. Some of our benefits include:
- Competitive pay and meaningful equity as an employee at a fast-growing, venture-backed software company. We want you to participate and make decisions as an owner with our future in mind
- A 401(k) and top-tier insurance plans to select from along with a FSA and HSA where you can set aside pre-tax money for out-of-pocket medical expenses
- 20 days of vacation time plus sick days, all 10 major holidays, and 1 floating holiday for your birthday, religious holiday, or other special day of your choice
- Up to 2 paid days off each year to volunteer at the charity of your choice
Maxwell is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status